site-wide search form

Do it online

  • Register/log in
  • Pay rent
  • Report a repair
  • Livin Home Guide
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Manage your tenancy 24 hours a day.

    For new or existing housing applications

  • Log in to check your balance and pay your rent.

    If you are unable to log in. Pay your rent here.

    Set up a monthly direct debit payment online.


    Do you have a rent query? Visit our most Frequently Asked Questions.

    Unable to pay digitally? Contact customer services at or on 0800 587 4538.


    You can book your repair using the Tenant App on a smartphone, tablet or PC, where the majority of repairs are available to book. Need help? Our customer service advisers are available from 8.15am until 7pm via live chat.


    If you are unable to sign in, you can request a repair here.

    Emergency out of hours repairs

    For emergency out of hours repairs please freephone 0800 587 4538

    Do you have a repair query? Visit our most Frequently Asked Questions.

    Unable to report your repair online? Contact customer services at or on 0800 587 4538 between 8.15am and 5.15pm Monday to Friday (online customer services available until 7pm).

    Our customer call centre is available to take your calls and answer your live chats on an evening and weekend:

    Monday to Friday
    8.15am – 7pm

    9am – 1pm

  • The Livin Home Guide details your responsibilities as a tenant as well as our responsibility as landlord. You will have received your own copy upon taking up a tenancy with us, however if you require specific information relating to your tenancy please register/log in here. 

  • Do it online - Frequently Asked Questions

    How do I request an aid or adaptation to my home?

    If you or a household member struggle with day to day tasks such as bathing and entering or leaving your home, we may be able to provide adaptations to make these tasks easier.

    Just get in touch online or by emailing

    For more information see our aids and adaptations booklet.

    How do I report anti-social behaviour?

    Please visit the Anti-Social Behaviour page.

    How do I report suspected tenancy fraud?

    If you suspect someone of unlawfully subletting their home you can email us at or call 01388 424679.

    Your report will be treated in the strictest confidence and can be given anonymously. Please note that we are only able to process reports made relating to Livin tenants. Any other reports should be directed to the landlord of the property in question. Please be aware that Livin will consider taking legal action against anyone found to be making malicious reports.

    How do I book a tenancy visit?

    To request a tenancy visit please contact us or email

    How long will my housing application take?

    For any queries relating to an application for housing please visit the Find a Property Frequently Asked Questions.

    How do I end my tenancy?

    You must give us four weeks’ written notice from the day your tenancy started we will then send you a ‘notice to terminate form’ for you to complete. If you leave your home without telling us, you will still be liable for four weeks' rent.

    To terminate your tenancy please contact us or email in the first instance.

    How do I replace my lost or stolen keys?

    We do not keep spare keys so if you lose them, you will need to replace them. We can change locks, but we will charge you for this service.

    When will my bin be emptied?

    Bin, waste and refuse collections is the responsibility of Durham County Council. For further information visit

    How do I report a vermin or pests problem?

    Vermin and pest control is the responsibility of Durham County Council. For further information visit

    I have questions about my council tax

    For questions about your council tax please contact Durham County Council or visit

    Where can I get a copy of my tenancy agreement?
    I don’t understand my rent balance

    For information on your rent account please visit Rents - Frequently Asked Questions.

    I am a new tenant, how do I get my gas and electricity on?

    Once you have received the keys for your new property, the first thing that you have to do is contact the energy suppliers to change the supply into your name; your housing co-ordinator will provide this information at sign up.

    Before contacting Livin, you need to make sure that there is credit on the meters (if the supply is provided through pre-payment meters).

    Please request an appointment stating whether it is the gas or electricity supply or both that needs switching on, by using our online contact form. An appointment will then be made and emailed to you within 24 hours. Our customer service team will always try to work around the tenants needs and ensure that both checks are carried out at the earliest available time.

    I’ve sent you all my information, how long will it take to process my form?

    We aim to process your application within 10 days.

    Can't find the answer to your question?

    Let us know! Please use our live chat and someone will help you find the answer to your query.

Newsletter Signup