As part of the Constructions Skills Foundation programme you will work alongside our skilled trade staff to renovate empty homes. As part of the programme you will be able to have a go at range of different construction related careers including plastering, painting and decorating, plumbing and joinery and brickwork.
What it involves
The placement runs for four weeks, during this time students will spend two days per week gaining real work experience working in our empty homes as well as three days per week at Bishop Auckland College.
What will you achieve?
At the end of the six week placement you should have successfully achieved the following:
- CSCS Card – a legal requirement if you want to work in the construction industry
- Award in Occupational Studies for the workplace (working in construction and health and safety in construction)
- Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Award in Occupational Studies for the workplace (problem solving at work, working in a team and time management skills)
- 4 weeks construction work experience
- Help with CV Preparation
- Practice with interview techniques
- Support with job searches including online searches
- A reference
To be eligible for the Skills Foundation Empty Homes Programme you must currently be claiming Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance or Universal Credit and be Aged 19+. You will need to demonstrate the correct attitude and commitment to complete the course.
Next course dates:
We don't currently have any dates set for this programme