Money Support

From budgeting and benefits to insurance and energy advice. We can help you make the most out of your money by providing expert financial support.

EU Settlement Scheme

The deadline for applying for EU settled status is Wednesday 30 June. If you are an EU or EEA citizen you may need to apply for EU Settlement Scheme to remain entitled to benefits. You do not need to do this if you already have Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Does your child need a new school uniform for autumn term?

If your child attends school in County Durham you may be entitled to a grant towards shoes and a coat.

Benefit support

Request benefits support Request benefits support

Struggling with debt?

Request debt support Request debt support


Get help with budgeting Get help with budgeting

Save up to 50% on your water bill

We can help you apply with Northumbrian Water to reduce your water bill by up to 50%. You could qualify if your annual household income is less than £16,105, someone in your household receives pension credit or your income isn’t enough to cover your essential bills. Get in touch with us for more information.

Get in touch Get in touch

Our commitment to supporting tenants

We support the National Housing Federation’s position on evictions and support for residents. We’ll act quickly and compassionately if you tell us you are struggling, and we only take legal action as a last resort.

National Housing Federation’s campaign National Housing Federation’s campaign
A young woman working on her laptop whilst sat on a green couch

Latest benefit support and guidance

Keep up to date with the latest support available, which could benefit you.

A man sat on a park bench using his mobile phone

Worried about your job?

The government job retention scheme has been extended. The latest details can be found on the government website.

A self-employed woman working in a florist writing down her finances

Self-employed and struggling?

The government‘s self-employment support scheme has been further extended.

Working and training support

View available support View available support

Former tenants advice

Get in touch Get in touch

Fuel advice

Request fuel advice Request fuel advice