Maintenance during coronavirus
We understand that you may be worried about letting us come into your home due to the coronavirus outbreak, and want to reassure you how we will do that safely, whilst maintaining social distancing.
- Durham County Council's lift engineer will knock at your door at the date and time of your appointment.
- They will stand 2 metres from your door. You can view their identification through a window before you open your door.
- They will carry out a risk assessment by asking you questions to ensure it is safe for us to enter your home.
- They will wear protective clothing if the risk assessment determines they need to.
- You can open the door for them to enter and then move to another room from the lift location.
- They will be in your home for approximately 45 minutes to carry out the work.
Your service is then complete for another six months.