site-wide search form

Other services

Money and benefit support

We aim to help our tenants make the most out of their money to make life as easy as possible. From budgeting and benefits to insurance and buying household goods, we can help.  

  • Difficulty paying rent
  • Benefits advice
  • Useful tools
  • We understand that you may find it difficult to talk to us if you have missed some rent payments. Everyone finds it difficult to manage their money from time to time and this can cause stress and anxiety for you and your family. We are here to help you. Our highly trained Financial Wellbeing Advisors can work with you to find a solution that not only keeps you in your home but helps you to plan for a brighter future. 

    Last year 14 tenants were evicted from their home for rent arrears. If you're struggling to pay your rent contact us today.


  • Livin can provide you with further information and support on the benefits you receive, either through our own direct advice service or by referring you on to other support agencies. Contact or your Financial Wellbeing advisor for more details.

    Changes to the welfare system began in 2013.  

    Universal Credit is a new single payment introduced by the government for people who are looking for work or on a low income. It replaces a number of other benefits including Housing Benefit, Income-based Jobseekers Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support and Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit.

    Spare Room Subsidy (Bedroom Tax) means that all current and future working age tenants renting from a social landlord no longer receive help towards the cost of a spare room. They receive help towards their housing costs based on the need of their household and may be subject to a Spare Room Subsidy (or Bedroom Tax) in certain circumstances.

    Housing Benefit can help those on a low income with help towards their housing costs.

    You can check your benefit entitlement here.

    The Benefit Cap The Government has announced a further reduction to the benefits cap from November 2016. This will limit the amount of overall benefit paid to any family.

    The total amount households outside will be able to claim in benefits is:

    £384.62 a week 

    The total amount a single person will be able to claim in benefits is:

    £257.69 a week

    Families who receive working tax credits or who work enough hours to claim working tax credits are exempt. You are also exempt if you or a member of your family receives:

    • disability living allowance or the personal independence payment
    • attendance allowance
    • support component of employment and support allowance
    • industrial injuries benefits

    The cap doesn't apply if you are of pension age or you receive war widows' or war widowers' pension.

    Check if you are entitled to the above benefits



Newsletter Signup