Home Support

We can support you to access the most appropriate support for your individual needs.

Minor adaptations

• Grab rails
• Additional bannister rails
• Handrails
• Lever taps
• Half steps
• Widen doors

Request a minor adaptation

You can apply for minor works by logging into the tenant app and requesting minor adaptations in the repairs section.

Major adaptations

• Wet area showers
• Ramps
• Stairlifts

Request a major adaptation

Durham County Council carries out all major works. They will first visit you and recommend adaptations that will help you to live more comfortably.

What if my home cannot be adapted?

If your home cannot be adapted or it is unreasonable to do so, re-housing may be offered as an alternative solution. We will support you throughout this process to help you find the perfect home to suit your needs. If you need further information regarding our Aids and Adaptations service, please contact us.

Get in touch Get in touch

In hospital?

You may require an occupational therapy assessment before you are discharged, please contact us to arrange this.

Get in touch Get in touch